Thursday 31 July 2014

Wishlist Wednesday {July 30}

Hello darlings!

First things first, I'm super sorry about the complete lack of posts this past week.  If you follow me on Twitter, you probably know that I was enrolled in summer school for English.  Because I'm applying for post-secondary this year, it's incredibly important for me to do well academically.  However, I have a handful of learning disabilities that makes doing homework and certain projects extremely difficult.  Now I've finished the course and am essentially just chilling until Septmember (yayyy!).

Now onto the featured content!

The transition from the last week of July into the first week of August is always one of excitement for me.  Between the back to school adverts, the approach of my birthday, and the introduction of the autumn lines in the shops, this time of year is always full of anticipation and excitement!






#1.  Bumble and bumble. Hairdresser's Invisible Oil - $50 - The height of summer and the height of winter are the two worst times of the year for my hair become parched and triples in size.  I'm really dying to try this product because a lot of people within the natural hair community have really been raving about the moisture it imparts while managing to not leave the hair greasy and sticky.  Unfortunately, it is far out of my hands unless someone gifts it to me.


#2.  The Balm Girls Lipstick in Mia Moore - $17 - This morning the beautiful and talented Cara of the hit blog Maskcara posted a gorgeous tutorial for a very strong and glamorous Katy Perry inspired look [watch it here] and finished off the look with this beautiful red lip.  I don't currently own any products from The Balm, as I've not really seen anything from their line that really stands out to me.  But this red is the best glossy true red that I've ever seen and I want it so bad now!  I do own about 8 or 9 red lippy products, but as I'm not usually happy with the look of most glossy reds, the majority of them are a matte or creme finish.  Maybe this colour is the one to bring me into the world of glossy lipsticks!


#3.  Sephora Collection Disposable Mascara Wands - $9 - Last month's issue of Allure brought these super smart little doohickeys to my attention and now I am dying to buy these!  Often, the only difference I find between most mascaras are the fancy wands and every time a new one comes out, I can't help but feel like that $30 is really just for the wand (did it really cost that much to make it??  really???) and I really can't bring myself to shell out that kind of dough.  So really, this collection is a godsend for me, and at $9 it really is a fun purchase.


#4.  Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Pulp Fiction - $22 - I am a massive Tarantino fan, with amazing memories attached to Inglorious Basterds and Kill Bill, and while those are definite favourites, Pulp Fiction is also a great film full of amazing dialogue and hilarious scenerios.  Tarantino films are well known for their excessively violent and graphic fight scenes by everyone, ever, but to me, I really associate his films with fashion and beauty inspiration!  From Elle Driver's head to toe Moschino to Bridget von Hammersmark's shimmery black gown, the women of his franchise are always gorgeous, even when drenched in blood and dead.  So when I saw this iconic film was going to be represented by an equally iconic brand I very nearly pissed myself with excitement.  Unfortunately, the rest of the line doesn't really appeal to me beyond the gorgeous packaging, but this lipstick really looks like the perfect thing for my autumn wardrobe. 


#5.  Free From Frizz 6 Week Blowout Treatment Set for Thick/Coarse Hair - $52 - I've seen this brand mentioned around the blogging community a couple of times and as a triracial curly girl in Toronto, I have the most issues with frizz ever.  I usually just end up straightening it and going as my hair can easily go a week and a half without having to wash due to its intense dryness.  A couple of days ago, a wonderful English blogger named Josie posted her review of it here.  This brand is really in at the moment in the UK but it's still pretty small fry on the international market meaning that in addition to the $50+ price tag (I've been assured that it's worth it), the shipping and tax ends up bring the cost up to around $75 which is just out of the question for me currently.  Hopefully my luck will change soon and I'll be able to get my hands on this in time for winter, when my hair dries up like potporri.

What's on your wishlist this Wednesday?  Let me know down in the comments!


Have a beautiful day, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment