Monday 14 July 2014

#ManiMonday {Lively Lilac}

During the school year I tend to not wear nail polish as much because I'm usually to busy/tired to spend time on extras.  But the summer is a whole different thing!  My mum is a massive nail polish fiend and she either does them or gets them on a weekly basis, meaning that there are at least two or three new bottles in delightfully season appropriate and daring colours arriving every month!






I did do one last week but, as always, the Essie nail polishes that I used ended up cracking within days of application. It would've been perfect if Mum had done it for me, I am just way to heavy handed for such a delicate product. 

This weeks mani proved impossible to mess up (thank god!) so here I am with this post and very happy hands!  

The colour is called Lively Lilac and it is Sally Hansen, part of the Insta-Dri line - definitely one of my favourite lines.  The application process is foolproof with a easy to grip handle and a thick wide brush that evenly distributes the product. In the bottle, it has a gorgeous pinkish shimmer that really complements the colour.  However, as I do prefer the fuss-free aesthetic of matte nails, I sealed it in with the Essie Matte About You mattifying top coat giving it a nice and clean solid look.  

I'm curious as to how it would look with a proper glossy finish to it, so I'm thinking of doing that for a wedding I am attending in Saturday paired with a LBD and black pumps.

What are you guys wearing on your nails this week?  Any suggestions for next weeks colour?  Let me know down in the comments!



I hope you have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment